Monday, February 27, 2006

Realtor Designations - What do they mean?

Not much really. I don't go around advertising it or putting the initials after my name like a Doctor, but I do possess the accredited buyer representative designation, or ABR (See flashy logo).

I am a big believer in continuing education for Realtors. Real Estate is a profession and I am a professional. As such, I feel it's very important for me to continually update my knowledge regarding my business.
If your Realtor doesn't have some kind of designation, they're either so doggone busy buying and selling that they can't update their classroom knowledge or they're just plain too lazy to care. Where do you stop though? CRS? SRES? CIPS? GRI?
You take some classes, you pay some money, you get some more letters to add to the alphabet soup. I am proud of my Masters Degree in Marketing and Communication though. That took two years and a whole lot of time. I consider it a major differentiator too. I don't think anyone else has a post-graduate marketing degree. I have seen some MBAs though, kudos to them.
So if you are looking to buy a home this year, call me. I am an Accredited Buyer Representative. I have given the extra effort to educate myself and insure that I am representing your best interests as effectively as possible.
Obviously I think outside the box more than the next guy, that's why I have these websites and blogs. My saavy could save you money and hopefully put you at ease that you're working with a true professional.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home