Friday, February 17, 2006

Brewery District Kroger

I checked out the new Kroger off Front Street in the Brewery District recently. It's convenient for me to get to as a regular stop so I did my entire 'real' grocery shopping there. The total wasn't bad for the monthly big grocery bill. They had so many great specials that I bought more than I normally would have.I was impressed with the structure - it looks great outside and feels fine inside.I liked the wine selection and the beer selection was decent.I liked the market section that had everyday household and kitchen needs like pots and pans and utensils and essential furnishings--things you can't pick up just anywhere downtown except maybe a city center department store.The donatos was a good touch, especially the take and bake aspect. I like that they incorporated a few local food items but overall, it's a typical Kroger food selection. I will say that they had a very decent selection of Latino food items, especially by Goya. I can now pick up my arepa corn meal mix there.The other thing I liked is the parking -- almost all spots are convenient to the front entrance.In the end, it's not the Nirvana of all shopping experiences and until they deliver groceries from online orders, it's not the fix for downtown grocery shopping either. It's closer though.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I see you have mentioned Kroger here. I found some additional information about the company and customers’ reports on this great site www.pissedconsumer.com. It is recognized as one of the leading grocery retailers in the United States. I tried some products of the company and I liked them a lot and the price is quite moderate. If you are afraid to try something new check out the reports and then make a choice.

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home