Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Continuing Education

This morning I went to a company sponsored seminar featuring a nationally known speaker and a panel of three successful Coldwell Banker Sales Associates. I didn't hear anything new or that I'd never heard before but it reminded that it's always a good idea to get out of the office, to get out of the box and listen to what the best in the business will share with you.
That's how you get better.
When picking a realtor, ask them about their continuing education. Ask them where they received their initial real estate education. I, for example, went to Columbus State for one quarter and took the required classes and received actual college credits for them. Many Columbus Realtors take a quick 3 week or 6 week class at Hondros in Westerville. I remember that I could tell right away that I had a superior education compared to other "newer" Realtors at the time. It's a fast paced business and it's important to be up on the latest laws, trends and technologies. It benefits the home seller and that benefits the Realtor.
I enjoy learning and I think that if I were independently wealthy I'd take classes and read. Did I mention that I'm the only Realtor in greater Columbus with a Masters Degree in Integrated Marketing and Communication? To the best of my knowledge anyway, the Board of Realtors doesn't keep track of such things.
I couldn't help think this morning, as I surveyed a room with at least 200 Realtors, that it's a miracle anybody makes a living in this business with so many Columbus Real Estate agents in the market, over 5,000 in Central Ohio. Many of them are only part time though. That's another good point. When you are listing your house or if you are looking for a Realtor who will help you buy a home in Columbus, consider if it's OK for them to be a part time agent. This is my living, it's what I do. It's not a hobby or a part time interest to make a few bucks here and there. I also love doing it. I really enjoy working in real estate and I enjoy meeting so many fantastic people I may not have otherwise met.

Here are your mortgage rates
Conventional
30 year 5.625
15 year 5.125
7/23 5.00

Conforming ARMS
3/1 5.00
5/1 5.50
7/1 5.75

Interest Only
5/1 ARM 5.625
7/1 ARM 5.875

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home